Monday, July 16, 2007

Another round of thank-yous for the Skype, Rhapsody and Flash 9 projects.

As far as Skype and Rhapsody is concerned the responsability for development was under the Internt Application that I ramped up about 8 month ago. So special thanks goes to those guys (Sotiris, Ouyang, Vitaly, Zsolt, enkatetc..) . That being said the development needed effort and coordination from all the teams all over OSSO: Multimedia, RTC, Testing, etc... The list of people to thank is endless: Mikko and Makoto from Multimedia, Sasha, Andrei, Simone, Naba from RTC, Alexandru and all the people from testing, Rami and Shalinder from project, Lee from localization, Brad from legal, Erkko and Sami from product, Sasha and Misha from integration...and I am probably forgetting some names, here, etc...

As far as flash9 work is concerned: Mikko, Matti, Erkko and Leonid and the Adobe guys should be the one receiving our gratitude. I would like also to extend my thanks to the CP management, with specific thanks to Ari Jaaksi who has been given us great support during our trials and tribulation.

5 comments:

Karel "de Google-Jazz" Jansens said...

Yeah, nice work. Shame it was wrapped up in a crappy system update.

Call me chicken, but I'm just too scared to expose my N800 to this cra^H^H^Hsoftware Nokia dumped on the interwebs.

Jussi Kukkonen said...

Karel, your criticism is unproductive and rude...

Don't get me wrong, I had problems with last firmware too, but I'm not going to use words like "crap" "dumped" or "shite" when all I have is statistically insignificant data.

Criticism is great, especially if it's constructive. Insulting other people for something they've obviously worked hard for is immature.

Karel "de Google-Jazz" Jansens said...

It's not the effort that counts, but the result.

As to being rude: Yes, I am being rude. Apparently, if the issues are addressed politely, the result is a deafening silence from Nokia.

And let's not forget that this firmware is NOT a community effort, it is from Nokia, the company that makes money from selling us the tablets. We are entitled to being rude if they deliver sub-standard work.

Finally, to the issue of "statistically insignificant data": It must be quite a consolation when your expensive memory card quits on you, knowing that you're a statistically insignificant sample. Still, we can always applaud the effort, eh?

Ron S said...

Unfortunately I find myself looking here to see if a patch has been issued yet. My tablet's internet access at home has been rendered quite useless by the recent firmware release. It's a shame but I'm going to revert to the old firmware until a fix comes out for this.

I convinced 2 other people to buy n800's and have always had Nokia cellphones. I even have the Nokia GPS bluetooth thingie. Hopefully I won't regret my commitment to Nokia.

Annora said...

Thanks for writing this.